Community & News
Community & Events
Community Open Day
On Tuesday 23rd October 2018 from the Total Eren team will be hosting a Community Open Day, providing an opportunity for the wider community to learn more about the project. Held at the iconic Roxy Theatre at Ouyen, it is open to the general public and the Total Eren team looks forward to meeting with the community over a sausage sizzle. Please join us at your convenience:
- Tuesday 23rd October 2018
- 2:00pm – 6:00pm
- Roxy Theatre, 19 Oke Street, Ouyen, VIC
News & Media
Wednesday 17th October 2018
Total Eren and Hon Lily D’Ambrosio MP, Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change announces the commencement of construction of Stage 1 of Kiamal Solar Farm (256.5 MWp) and when completed will be Victoria’s largest solar farm. Stage 1 of Kiamal Solar Farm has signed three Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) with Mars Australia, Alinta Energy and FlowPower. It is unique as the first solar farm with a co-located synchronous condenser to provide system strength remediation.
Total Eren is pleased to announce the execution of construction contracts and appointment of the following contractors for Stage 1 of Kiamal Solar Farm:
- Biosar Australia & Canadian Solar: As a consortium, Principal Contractors for the Engineer, Procurement and Construct (EPC) Contract for the solar farm; including design, supply. install, testing and commissioning of the solar farm;
- Electrix: As Principal Contractor for the Engineer, Procurement and Construct (EPC) Contract for the design, supply, install, testing and commissioning of a synchronous condenser; and
- TransGrid: As Contestable Works Contractor for the construction, ownership and operations of the new 220 kV Kiamal Terminal Station and Kiamal Solar Farm Collector Substation.